5 Science-Backed Ways to Safely Lose Weight with Type 2 Diabetes
If you have Type 2 diabetes, losing weight can significantly improve your heart health and help you control your blood glucose levels. But crash diets are not the answer. Here are five safe and scientifically-proven methods to reduce your calorie intake and lose weight safely while keeping your blood glucose levels stable:
- Improve your sleep hygiene by sleeping more hours and avoiding late-night snacking.
- Cook dinner at home, where you can have more control over the ingredients and portions of your meals.
- Start your meals with a salad filled with non-starchy veggies to reduce your overall calorie intake, according to research from Penn State University.
- Eat a big breakfast, an average-sized lunch, and a small dinner instead of six evenly spaced meals throughout the day.
- Add resistance training to your workout routine to boost your metabolism and burn calories even when not working out.
If you want guidance on managing diabetes and improving your overall health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Chauncey Crandall to learn more.