Dr. Crandall received his post-graduate training at Yale University School of Medicine where he also completed three years of research in the Cardiovascular Surgery Division.
Residency & Fellowship
Dr. Crandall completed his cardiology fellowship training at Beth Israel Hospital and Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City and completed advanced fellowship training in interventional cardiology at the Medical College of Virginia. Following his interventional fellowship training, Dr. Crandall remained at the Medical College of Virginia and VA Medical Center for six years, as Chief of the Heart Transplant Program, Director of Coronary Critical Care, and Director of Medical Education.
Dr. Crandall is currently on staff at the Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Good Samaritan Medical Center, and Jupiter Medical Center.
Academic & Administrative Appointments
In 1993, Dr. Crandall accepted a faculty appointment at Duke University and relocated to Palm Beach, Florida where he established the Duke University Cardiology Program affiliated within the cardiology division of Good Samaritan Hospital in the Palm Beach area.
Past/present positions include: Diplomat, the American Board of Internal Medicine; Diplomat, the American Board of Cardiovascular Disease; Fellow, the American College of Cardiology; Fellow, the American College of Chest Physicians; Fellow, the American Society of Cardiovascular Interventionists; Fellow, Society for Cardiac Angiography and Intervention; member, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation.
Awards & Honors
Dr. Crandall’s scientific research has been published in several medical journals to include: The Journal of the American College of Cardiology; Circulation; The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation; and The European Heart Journal. Dr. Crandall has received substantial monetary grants for research projects, conducted numerous research studies and has been site investigator on various clinical trials.
Board Memberships & Appointments
- Board of Trustees for Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Board of Directors- Christ for All Nations
- Board of Directors- Regent University
- Board of Directors- Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic
- Board of Directors- Salvation Army
- Board Chairman & Founder of The Chadwick Foundation, a non-profit 501-C3 foundation.
- Medical Director- Health Services, Palm Beach Atlantic University
- Director Interventional Cardiology, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Director Echocardiology, Tenet Health Services, Palm Beach County
- Medical Director- Preventive Medicine, Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic
- Associate Director- Interventional Cardiology, Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic
- Editor- Heart Health Report, NewsMax Magazine
- Editor- Crandall Health Book Series